Well, I can’t believe I’ve made it here. One whole year without buying a single item of clothing (minus a few pairs of tights). This time last year I was on my last minute shopping dash to pick up a couple of pairs of trousers and some underwear to help me make it through. It’s been quite a year – a good year for myself and God has blessed me in many ways; but it has been a difficult year for many of my friends and family – I wish them all a much, much better 2013.
I’ve been thinking about what I might have learned this year from my challenge and there are a few things:
1. I still love clothes and dressing up. I’m not sure that will ever change.
2. I don’t miss buying clothes when I can’t. If I were stuck on a desert island it certainly wouldn’t be clothes and shopping that I’d miss.
3. I know for sure that buying clothes isn’t the path to happiness, fulfillment or self-improvement.
4. My bank balance is a lot rosier – I probably have wasted too much money on clothes in previous years.
5. I know I have a decent amount of will power and sticking power – if I set myself a challenge I’ll be buggered if I’ll fall at the first wavering of temptation.
I am a little excited about hunting down the items on my shopping list but it will be interesting to see how long the buzz lasts. I know I’m going to miss writing this blog, even though it’s been a pain in the butt sometimes. You never know, I might find something new to write about – I’ll let you know.
So, for the last time, here is today’s outfit and my party frock for New Year’s Eve…
Shirt – Whistles; vest top – Abercrombie & Fitch; leggings – Jack Wills; boots – Ted Baker; scarf – present knitted by my stepdaughter
Dress – French Connection; shoes – Kurt Geiger
WISHING YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR AND THANKS FOR FOLLOWING!!